Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's time

It's time to begin educating about the disease MSA. It's not fun, it's not pretty, but I feel I can't keep what I know to myself because I need and will continue to need your support. If not physically, then in prayers and the hope all of you give Keith and I.

I began by posting a link (I think that's what I did ) on facebook about a couple with living with MSA. Please watch that if possible, difficult as it may be and has been for me.


I watched it about a year ago and only shared it with Keith yesterday. He was sad watching it as am I each time I do. Also if you type in Miracles for MSA on your facebook page you will see other families dealing with MSA. It's a beginning. If you are like me, I have to stay away from the page for the most part though I am constantly drawn to it.

I appreciate any information about MSA you gain.

Now on a lighter note. I told Keith about Clint's suggestion of what to watch that was humorous as was suggested by the wife in the video. So, we turned the channel to what we thought was the old funny sitcom shows. The first thing we heard was a man who had just been told he had cancer and was running through a senario in his mind about dying. We looked at each other and then back to the tv. The next picture we saw was of a woman who had fallen down and couldn't get up. We looked at each other and started laughing. Just what we needed, a commercial that addresses two of probable outcomes of MSA, falling and death. It was ironically funny, but we turned the channel. We are now taking suggestions as what to watch that is funny.

Enough hard stuff for now.

Thanks everyone for being in our lives. We love you. =)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Pam, That was difficult to watch. I can only imagine the myriad of emotions you go through when viewing it. There are many movies that I think are hilarious but then again I have a quirky sense of humor. How about if I go through my DVD's, pick a couple out then give you an assortment to choose from? I need to come back over and kick Keith's booty at Backgammon again hahahaha. Let me know if I can help in any way. Love you guys a ton!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam and Keith,

    I cried as I watched the video. I am so glad that God has put you two together to do this journey. I am glad that you are surrounded by a faithful loving community. I know that somehow God is to be found in this journey. I listen with eager ears to hear how you are, what I can do to support, what hurts and where the grace is. Please know how precious you both are!
    Jonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan Dixon-SchmidtMay 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

    Thank you Clint for helping me through the process of being able to post a comment. This is my sixth attempt today!

    Dan and I watched the Pink Panther with Steve Martin last night on TV. It was so predictable and silly, but I laughed a lot. It was great. I highly recommend it. Laughter should be a mandatory requirement to each day for EVERYONE! Our lives/world require positive reinforcement "non-stop" if possible. I love you both! Please let me know how I can help. Praying continually.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Keith & Pam, Jan here. This is a great website: www.timhawkins.net/
    He is always putting more of his hilarious videos on. Cletus Take the Reel is one of my favorites. Lots of giggles. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete