Friday, August 26, 2011

One Day at a Time

One day at a time. A statement we all agree with but it becomes more interesting when you are put in a position to get to practice it everyday. Unfortunately, Keith and I have. Fortunately, Keith and I have. When we do it, we gain insight each day; something not noticeable, I believe, to us when we routinely go through our day.

Keith got back from MN. I'm surprised he came back since they took such good care of him. Ok, Have I said that I am not much of a cook? I do it but I would rather walk, jog, bike, lift weights, even run than cook. But I do do it, just not as well as my family in MN. Hey, I've always loved going to their homes for a "real" home cooked meal. Thanks all of you. He keeps telling me about the foods Vickie made him such as gluten-free cookies, pancakes, bread, and even pasty, ( a specialty of the area) He mentioned the cookies 4 times! I guess it's time for me to make some cookies. Maybe I will invite Vickie here instead since she just retired. What I am really saying, is thank you Mike and Vicki, Denny and Renee, Clint and Rich and all of the friends and family who love Keith for taking such good care of him. He had fun and the great part is that he is open to maybe going to Hawaii with ME if he gets better. Keith just told me to thank you Mike for renting the handicap equipment.

That brings me to his liver de-tox phase 2. Complicated for me to describe, but our Dr. has a lot of hope that getting those poisons out of his liver will make him begin to have more energy. It is quite a routine that seems to take about an hour to 2 hours to complete. But he's worth it right?

For those of you who have visited, thank you. For those of you who haven't, don't worry about it. Just keep praying and learning about MSA along with us. As I see you in the grocery store, the bank, the church, and other places while I walk around Granite Falls, I am constantly reminded that you care. You tell me you read the blog. You tell me you are praying for us. I have been encouraged and invited to join one group traveling out of the country trip next summer, which I may just do. One of you even offered your time-share in Hawaii. I am humbled by the fact that you did not even hesitate or say you had to talk to Greg, (Clarice) =) Keith and I say you don't find great families like the Drube's everyday! He says, "They're top-notch people." Thank you.

Have a great week-end. Saturdays seem to be rough days for me. I can get sort of sad. But this Sat. I am going to the musical, Les Mes. with a lot of my family and looking forward to it =) It could be a more cheery show, but we love Les Mes and its music.

9 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. I love the music of that play. I need to come over and visit soon. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Hugs and loves,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys Keith and Pam. :) Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog all the time. You and Keith and your family are in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know how much that means to me Cindy. I trust the Lord to provide but I sometimes feel like I am in a surreal life. I so want Keith to be with me when I do family things or church activities, but I am pushing myself to go without him. But I am looking forward to his miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're counting on those prayers Mace family. Thank you.

    And thank you Nikki for always thinking about us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you both so much. You're in my thoughts and prayers though I don't write each time, or text Keith like I should and love to do! I will repent and do better! As you know, so much goes on in each of our lives, but we all have to "take one moment at a time", and it is a very freeing and blessed moment, each time. God bless you all today, Again, I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Pam and Keith! Thank you for sharing so much with us. I'm glad that Keith had a wonderful time in MN. I was wondering--how much freezer space do you two have? Would it be a help to make a big batch of some gluten-free, healthy dinners and freeze them in individual servings? For those days when you don't feel like cooking Pam, or you're running errands and Keith feels like some home-cooked food? If that'd be helpful, I can call you to double check on what ingredients he can/can't have, but I'd love to be able to make something for you. I know a few people that have lots of gluten-free, dairy-free recipes. :) Plus, I would LOVE to learn how to play Farkle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh! that was my comment above. Joelle :) 425-345-5930

    ReplyDelete