Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Anniversary of Keith's death


Keith

As I think today about the anniversary of Keith's death, Feb. 12, 2013 I am feeling many emotions. I want to honor him in a continuing manner. While plaques are wonderful, I know Keith would want to help students. We have been given some money for a Keith Johnson scholarship by Pete Lopez, a former state champion and college track athlete. We would like to see the scholarship grow. It will be awarded to a Granite Falls Senior.
Many people have asked about a way to help our family. If you would like to do so, we are asking for donations to his scholarship each year around  Feb. 12. Any amount is a blessing. Thank you. Donations can be made at anytime.
After the school board meets, I will post details as to where and who you can send a check to. We are also looking at the possibility of receiving funds electronically.

In Keith's memory,

Pam and family

As to what I will be doing this Wednesday on the anniversary I thought I would go to a movie but right now I am watching Dante Keith our newest and wonderful grandson. Keith would say watch Dante and go to a movie another day. He always choose helping and serving above himself. I am trying to do the same. Thanks for the reminder honey pie.
We sort of kept it secret that Keith liked romantic comedies. Early in our marriage we would go to a movie of his choice then mine but soon we knew each other so well that we just went to ones we both liked. Isn't that how marriages should be? :)

1 comment:

  1. That year of "firsts" is what we prayed about the most for you and your family. The absence and the silence are so often glaring during holidays and special occasions, and so we prayed over your hurting hearts. I'm sure you enjoyed your time with Dante no matter what you did that day. <3

    ReplyDelete