Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Hook =(

I was going to only give you a funny story about Keith trying to give everyone around him his " going to work" good shoes. Ok, I will.  So there he is asking all the guys in the family if they would like his shoes;  each trying so hard to be able to take them for Keith's sake. By the time he asked the 3rd one, I finally stepped in to tell Keith that most men do not wear a size 12 wide! We laughed at that. =)

But.......................................MSA awareness month is coming up and I am trying to make you and others aware of this disease. So I thought I would call a news station or two and ask them to write or tell a story about MSA. I called and when I told the news writer a little about our story, she said she was sorry but that the story had no "hook." She basically said it wasn't exciting enough or bad enough or enough people involved in a fund raiser to make it "newsworthy." I thanked her for her honesty and that I understood, but I really didn't. MSA has affected our lives so much. I wanted to shout, "Do you know how it is to live with MSA?"

Anyway, the following is a post by a friend who is part of the MSA network of friends. I thought I would just let her words speak for me. Basically it is asking everyone to vote for this short film talking and showing a woman's mother and the progression of MSA. A warning, however, I watched it and it was hard. I don't even want Keith or our kids to watch it. But if you can, I know it will raise awareness of what those who have it and the caregivers living with MSA deal with daily.

Thank you all. We love you

Pam Bower

You guys are awesome the MSA film is in FIRST PLACE today!!!! Keep up the momentum.. encourage everyone to vote and ask friends to ask their friends... and so on and so on. If anyone has trouble voting post a note on this event page and ask for help, someone will assist you. http://www.facebook.com/events/330160207029281/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam, Will you post about your experience with the press on Miracles for MSA... maybe if we brainstorm we can think of the hook we need to get some press coverage on MSA.
    Hugs, Pam B

    ReplyDelete