Thursday, February 16, 2012

Philippians 4:13

It's been quite an intense and tough week. April, Clint's fiance, has been in the hospital since last Thursday. She increased her medication with her Dr.s orders and ended up with a drug overdose. She couldn't move. We were very worried. They didn't know what it was for several days. The final conclusion was drug overdose, stomach flu that she didn't know she had and stress. She is home from the hospital and actually in her new home (ours =) which is already set up for her situation. They say her body needs time to rest and she should recover. Her family and ours want to give her that rest and have all pitched in taking care of the kids. Clint has been solid but both he and I cried (ok I cried but he wanted to but was being strong) when we saw April get up for the first time. It was like a stroke and it made me so sad to see someone so young going through struggling just to walk. I'll tell you this, she is tough and she will make it.

Now for what the Lord showed me. About 10 days ago I came to a point that I thought I couldn't make it. Life was getting so very hard and I was grieving for all the losses in my life. Satan had his hold on my mind and I was having trouble getting back to the guiding thoughts I needed for strength. Well, like so many of you know when you are at that point and continue asking for help from the Lord, he gives it.

The day I was so down, I was given a beautiful bracelet that said "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I was such in a care giving mode and I could not get it on after several tries that  I put it in my purse and forgot about it until I saw my sister. She reminded me that the Lord is near and will help me and strengthen me. I said I don't even have the strength to put this bracelet on. She took it from me and fastened it. I can't described the feeling I had. It was like a warm embrace by the Holy Spirit. And as I have worn the bracelet since I kept repeating what was written on it and I again reminded that not by "my" strength but by "Christ's" strength can I do all things.

I feel great now,


13 comments:

  1. Pam I am so sorry to hear about April. Praying for her complete and quick recovery!! Love your honesty through all that you have been going through. YES, God does strengthen us and He carries us through the difficult times we face. I love those small "God" moments, like your embrace you felt from Him when putting that braclet on. Those special "hugs' from God telling you that He is there and it will be OK. Love you Pam!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Linda. Thanks for the Pizza =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that April is doing better. I have been thinking about you guys alot the last couple of days. Just wanted to say that I love you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) Thanks for the wonderful dinner and thoughts. Tony, thanks for taking the tv down and moving it to our new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that I found this blog. Unfortunately I am the one that will need care, but it just feels good to have someone talking about MSA and all that goes with it...fear, constant thoughts and references, but also the encouragement from friends and the patience of my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you have MSA It is such a difficult disease to live with I too am glad you found this blog. I look forward to hearing more from you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your blog. I am also a caregiver to my husband of 34 yrs who has MSA, so I defintely felt a connection while reading some of your posts. I am so sorry that Keith has MSA and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I have found that blogging is a marvelous way to work out our journey and to share with family and friends what is going on with this disease and our journey with God. Blessings on you and Keith. By the way welcome to Washington!

    Susan
    thepasinireport@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. We were just in another part of WA before the move. Do u live in WA? You do indeed understand. I would like to read your blog if you are willing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes we live in Spokane, feel free to stop by anytime you are passing thru. Please feel free to read the blog, judging by your title of your latest blog I'm sure you will appreciate it. the whole chapter of Phil 4 has been an important part of my ability to cope with this disease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you email me? pamelaj39@hotmail.com. I tried to get to your blog with above address.
    Thanks. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I mean pamelaj30@hotmail.com I seem to be getting a lot of things wrong lately. Maybe a little distracted right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry it's thepasinireport.blogspot.com
    I made an @ intstead of a . :(

    ReplyDelete