Thursday, February 2, 2012

I miss my husband

Maybe I should post later, but this is how I feel. Oh I know Keith  is here and I am grateful but I just want the old times back sometimes. I just want him to take out the garbage, drive the car, take charge of our lives, help with the move, be able to get his own water, napkins, pills, coat, etc and cook. He is a good cook. =) In other words, I'm whining!

I suppose I am tired with the move. Truth be told, on all the other moves I did all the packing anyway. But I could always call Keith to move boxes from here to there. You know what I mean. It's hard doing it alone. Thankfully so many friends have offered to help move on that Saturday. I just want to make it as easy for them as I can by having our things all boxed up.

On a happier not, Keith had a birthday that just wouldn't quit and it was fun. His "farkel party," was great with about 30 friends showing up to celebrate Keith. I am continually surprised, though I shouldn't be, by the wonderful comments I get about Keith. Often people tell me how he has impacted their lives in a positive way. You have shared your tears with me in compassion and I know you care and are so sad that Keith has this disease. Your thoughts and prayers are our treasure. We thank you for caring in tangible ways.

All I can say is, "You gotta love this guy."  And I do!





5 comments:

  1. Oh Pam....you are a beautiful lady & I appreciate you! And I agree...Keith is a great guy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often think of you when John does so many of those little things (and big ones too). Makes me ever more thankful. You are always in our prayers. Hate that you are leaving Granite Falls. :( Praying life will be a little easier (hope hope) for you in Everett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for caring and sharing. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    I need to come and see you guys. Do you have my number? I will make you guys a batch of cookies :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith says come by soon. We will be glad to see you and the cookies don't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete