Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Doing very well

Just thought I'd let you know that Keith and I are doing well. We are giving ourselves permission to watch TV and movies during the day. Our philosophy regarding daytime tv viewing has changed from when the kids were young. Then, we refused to have a tv in the living room and generally did not watch it during the day. Well truthfully, Mom might have watched some while they were taking a nap or in school. =) . My mom was pretty wise. When my dad had a stroke and she took care of him at home for 6 years, she knew the value (yes, value)of the tv was to my dad. He loved watching musicals, funny shows and of course, Lawrence Welk. I must say my dad never was one to get angry or mope around. He wasn't depressed. We all just sat and watched a musical with him. He loved it. Most of us did also, except after watching The Sound of Music for the 25th time, I was glad when some of the grandkids could take my place. =)

We are heading out to Costco to stock up in case of snow. Keith will get a Mocha, his treat from Costco. (I know you all have your favorite too. What's wrong with a slice a pizza right? After all it's soooooooooooooooo cheap.) After reading about couples having to spend between $10 to $20 dollars an hour for a babysitter, I can see why a Costco date could be a great debt fighting tool for them. It's all they can afford!

Off we go

1 comment:

  1. We call it the Trough, but dang, do I love their frozen yogurt and churros!

    ReplyDelete