Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Big Thank You

Keith and I want to thank everyone who came to his retirement party. The room was filled with about 150 well wishers. It was hard to keep emotions in check, when such nice things were said. Especially touching were the words from his students. I don't know that I would have been able to go at that age and speak words publicly about one of my teachers. But they did and it was moving.

We look forward to this week anticipating visits from several church members who talked to me today. Now that there's no snow (hopefully), we're going to hold you to it. The coffee is waiting. =)

Take care and have a great week. Later I will tell you about the letter we received from our friend's father detailing his son"s path to death filled with both love and sorrow. Difficult to read, but again, grateful that they consider us as friends.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment