Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tough Decisions

I know our decisions are not so tough compared to my friend and his wife. We are praying for them daily.

Like I said, this unexpected retirement has left us asking strange questions of ourselves. It seems smart to sell this house and move to one smaller but right now if Keith has less than 5 years or even 10, I want to be together in this home where so much of our memories are. Yes, this house could be a lot to handle and I will address that at some time. So many of you have said you would help that it has given me hope in keeping it for now. Keith wants the best for me, so I will entertain the idea of downsizing because he is the one who had the idea and wants to at least have it as an option.

On a happier note, Tony and Matt came over and put up a TV in the exercise room. It is coming together quite nicely. We are calling it the "Tiger Den" I have put up pictures of his teams and others he cares about. Thanks guys. Keith's mom just touched down at SeaTac and we will get to see her tomorrow. We can't wait, especially for her to see how the great-grandkids have grown. Also to introduce her to the youngest, Kayleigh =)

My heart is heavy at times, but I have a wonderful husband, family and friends and I take great peace in this fact. Most important, however, is we have a heavenly father who loves Keith and knows all our needs!

Off to the library. Any good book suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. So many thoughts come to my mind right now after reading your post from today. I hope and pray that the Lord will strengthen you now and with all the love that is being sent your way, give you peace and joy.

    You are SO loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys! I wish I was closer to help out. I want to come by soon.

    If you want to spend a few hours in the land of espionage, terrorist plots that need to be subdued, and undercover schemes to thwart the American way of life, well let me recommend some Vince Flynn books: Term Limits, Pursuit of Honor, and Protect and Defend. You can solve the worlds problems and still be ready for dinner.

    We love you both,
    Taigen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's inspiring to know you have friends who show love in a practical way. It truly means more than they can know, doesn't it... I lost my mom suddenly last month, and you find out who your Friends are. God encourages and inspires us through the actions of people we don't even know, but whose love you speak of here. May He bless and bless them! PS - Have you heard of Ted Dekker? Christian author, wrote The Circle series (4 books). I liked them; they're different. Our love to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cyndi. I am so sorry about your mom. That is a very difficult situation. You are right about who is there for you. That is not very long ago that you have lost her. Most people don't know what you are feeling. I remember being in a "fog" and that is ok. It can last quite awhile even if you still trust in the Lord and would never go through the tough times without him. I appreciate the book suggestions and are looking for them to read. =)

    ReplyDelete