Friday, February 18, 2011

Gone

Our friend has died. I hate it, just hate it. And I couldn't do anything to stop it, nor did they want me to stop it. This amazing teacher, father and husband will be missed by so many. Facebook messages confirming how much he is missed are being added continually.

Keith and I are invited to his celebration of life, Tues, but I think it would be too difficult, not only for us but for his family and friends. Perhaps because seeing another man the same age with MSA that day would be a sad reminder. Yet we would love to support the family. We have, however, been spared from making a decision one way or another as we found out that Keith's school is giving him a retirement party on that day. It will be surreal. While one family celebrates and honors a wonderful man whose life has passed, ours, celebrates another wonderful man with a tribute to a life that has and continues to touch so many in a positive way. I for one, want Keith around for a long time. I have not finished learning from him.

4 comments: