Monday, February 21, 2011

A Wonderful Place to Live

Granite Falls, WA, what a great city to live in. There are not many towns where you could drive down the street and see a sign inviting everyone to your husband's retirement party. And on both sides of the reader board yet! The party is Tues. 3:30 - 6:30. Stop by if you can.

Seriously, last week was a distracted week because I knew of our friends upcoming death, but at the same time Keith and I had been so blessed. His mom is here for a visit. I wish we could have her longer. She is what you call," a low maintenance guest." She never complains. She holds the baby and gets her to burp =). She puts the dog in and out. She takes walks with us. She took us out to eat. She plays games with the whole family. She's also willing to play the game farkel with Keith over and over. It gives me a break. Can we keep her?

By the way, I challenge anyone to come and play Backgammon with Keith. He beats me almost every time!

Several of you have asked what you can do to help and we so appreciate that. Sharing a cup of coffee with him is short as not to overtire him and he enjoys it. Ernie, Tony, Andy, Zac, Sandy and Stoney, Damian, Kim, Jessica, Anna and Vanessa,Patti and Dave, and Richard are some of those who have come over. I know I've missed others. Oh yeah, Jim Romack has tea when he comes over because he doesn't drink coffee. Can we really trust a pastor from the Northwest who doesn't drink coffee? Or come and watch sports with Keith for about an hour. You don't have to do anything but be there. It is so good for him to shout at the TV, Yes, Keith can get pretty excited watching some games. Right Tony?

I want to thank Kim and Frank for putting in a beautiful bamboo floor for us in our office. Everyday I see it, I'm reminded of the love of all of you.

Well I just wanted to let all of you know that we are doing great, just wishing we could keep great-grandma here for longer. We are looking forward to Keith's retirement party. He thought he could sort of fade out of the picture when he retired. Guess not, Keith. You have too many people who love you, especially, me, =)

5 comments:

  1. 'just love today's post! Keith has always been there to help everyone and now it's everyone's honor to be there for him. love, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheri. The laws of sowing and reaping will be coming back a hundred fold to you guys, and it so well deserved. I am personally honored and count it such a blessing to have your friendship in my life. And I absolutely love watching sports with Keith. I will challenge him to some backgammon as well. :) Does he like cribbage at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very sorry we can not make the party, but know we would love to and we will be praying for all involved.

    Keith, I an coming over to Beat you at Backgammon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while, but I love backgammon and I am up for the challenge. The first game won't count because I'm rusty, but I dare you on the second game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all of you for your support. We've got the backgammon ready for you. Off to the party we go.

    ReplyDelete