Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Keith

I know he's not perfect but he he sure is a good guy. He's not house bound yet but closer than he has ever been in his life and handling it better than most.

I asked him if he is getting bored or wants to go somewhere (of course I knew the answer because we know each other pretty well like I've said before) and he said, "I kind of like it in my house." I knew he meant it and we talked about how I have to get out of the house at least once a day and prefably 3 times, 2 times to go somewhere and once to be outside in the fresh air. Anyway, back to Keith. I said, "Are you bored?" He said , "No." I knew he wasn't because for the first time he has been forced to concentrate on himself. He has always thought of others first and still does, but he must do his exercises to be able to walk and talk and keep that wheelchair as far into the future as possible to be used only when absolutely necessary. He also has an additional list of books he has been wanting to read since he began coaching, not to mention, the movie list.

Just wanted to let you know that we are enjoying our time together. Have a great week.

Thanks for visiting. We had 7 visitors yesterday each keeping the visits under an hour. I think Keith played 5 games of Farkel. =) He was tired but slept well.

2 comments:

  1. Joan Dixon-SchmidtJune 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM

    Hey! I'm having fun texting with Keith! I'll do that every day until I can get over there for a visit! I love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okey Dokey,

    Come over Thurs or Frid. Just give a call. =)

    ReplyDelete