Saturday, June 11, 2011

A List

Don't want to, don't want to, don't want to. Should, should, should.

Just finished reading from a man who cared for his mom until she died about a year ago from MSA. He has stayed with the MSA support group to offer help when possible. He talked about a few things we should know or do. One of them was to not be afraid to ask for help. It sounds so easy and if I were in most of your shoes, I would say the same thing. Then why do I find it so difficult?

I want people to already know what is needed around here; that is, " the husband stuff." Fixing broken things, weed-eating, repairing the roof, changing light bulbs, carrying heavy items, raking, moving grandkid toys (and sometimes moving grandkids =), mowing (oh wait a minute, I do the mowing and enjoy it), etc.

I know it is not fair for you to have to try and guess my list and no, the things above are not specific, just examples =), but that is the best I can do now.

Still, I will consider making a list of things I need done but it is hard. I don't want to ask.

Just turned around from the computer to see Keith trying out the walker and then the cane. Not a fun sight.

I promise, good news to follow. Just had to get the list situation off my chest.

Love to all,

Pam


1 comment:

  1. Joan Dixon-SchmidtJune 12, 2011 at 7:19 PM

    You see, we all need to hear this Pam. I'm so glad that George's graduation is behind us, although it is an understatement to say it is a miracle. I want to help in any way that I can. I have availability, but wanted you to know that we will be gone 7/3 to 7/7. You have my number, and I know where you live! I'll be in touch. Much love to you both! God bless and thank you for including all of us in your need, journey, heart and home.

    ReplyDelete