Friday, December 30, 2011

12 to 14 hrs a day

How do we wrap our minds around Keith basically sitting in a chair for 12 to 14 hrs a day with getting up once every hour? He is one tough guy because he does it day after day.

I'll tell you it is the biggest mental challenge we have had so far. Movement has always been so much a part of our lives and now this. I particularly struggle with it. I think more than Keith but then I am more selfish than he is. Were not for our faith in the Lord, we couldn't  make it through this MSA struggle. It saps Keith of strength both physically and mentally.

BUT, and there is always a but. God has given us the Holy Spirit who acts on our behalf. Good thing because we are tired. We pray for and have faith that we will keep getting the strength we need to continue.

 As I talk to you I  hear how some of you are also dealing with difficult times. Know that you have encouraged us as we watch how you have dealt with them. Thank you for reminding us about Job's story in the Bible.  How others told him to curse God. He did not and in the end was blessed. His life was restored twofold and he had more in his latter years and lived a long life.  Not without a lot of pain and suffering first. That's the part we don't want to go through and as we do I pray that we may remain strong like Job. But come on, Job, really?  How many of us are a Job? Comparing us to Job just seems too lofty.

On a lighter note, I asked again for meals from our church family and friends during Jan and Feb. It's not so much the food we are missing (well sort of) as much as the company when you guys bring  meals to us. It is a distraction from our predictable day.

  MSA is wearing us down but God is bigger than MSA!

9 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's keith's favorite meal? yours? : ) besides carmel corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We been feeling like spaghetti for a long time. We like soups, cowboy or veggie pizza, sandwiches, meatloaf and more. We like Mexican and Chinese. Salads are hard for Keith to eat.

    Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful seeing you during the break. Keith is one tough dude!

    Herff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam and Keith--I saw Clint's picture in the Everett Herald and brief article about his National Board achievement. You both must be very proud of him.

    Pam--It was good to see you in early December at GFHS. I was wondering last Thursday evening as I watched them beat OSU if Keith follows the Huskie basketball team. Can Keith go to bb games at the high school?

    Just wanted you both to know that you two are in my regular prayers; may God continue to comfort and uplift you and fill you with His Spirit.

    Hugs--Marge (Johnson)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pam, it seems very presumptious to wish you a happy new year but I do and I know you are one of the strongest couples I have known. But you are right, I look around and see so many suffering through. lots of love. faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a challenge for you to reach out and ask for help when you guys were always the ones to be able to give it. His provision is always there. We love and support you guys, praying for the miracle of a cure, remission, treatment, anything good...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That previous comment says it's from Jylle, but it's not--she was signed in on Google. Kevin and I posted it, just fyi. =)

    ReplyDelete