Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kayleigh and Ocean Mini Vacation

By now, most of you know that we had another granddaughter born Monday evening. It was very hard not being at the hospital but we're back now. I just finished holding Kayleigh for a long, long time. Need I say, she is perfect, so cute and very, tiny! When they handed her to me, she was like a doll. Grandpa held her too like he knew what he was doing. Fun to see.

So, we went to Ocean Shores during a stormy time. We heard that several people came specifically for storm watching. Not us. To me, it was somewhat scary especially after reading the card on the desk with instructions on surviving a tsunami. On the back side, it said, " Don't let this warning spoil your stay with us!" We did wake up and were able to spend some much needed time together just not 24 hrs daily :) This forced retirement is not what we planned but we believe and trust that it is for some good reason. Honestly, I thought I of all people, would never have a problem being together with Keith and I even bragged about it. But for both of us doing it with MSA wasn't what we could ever have imagined. We will make it because our vows we spoke before God and witnesses on Dec. 16, 1978, said for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. Well, this is the sickness part. We hope and pray we get to practice them for a lot more years.

We want to thank my sister, Cheri, for taking care of our dog, "Pepper." My sister, Patti, and her husband, Dave for all of the time and work they have done helping to make our home safe for Keith. Ernie, for planting my boxwoods. Andy, who while we were away, trimmed and more, our yard. Kim, for offering to help put a floor in our office. Gary and Jean, for understanding and all of you for reading The Keith Johnson Blog. Clint was pretty excited about the 1000 hit mark. Of course 800 of those are from our families. :)

Goodnight. I love you Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment