Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Keith and I have been married 32 wonderful years. He is the best. Last night, we were treated to a wonderful dinner at the Olive Garden. We were with my sister and brother and their spouses. Thanks for dinner sis and Dave. Good company, good food!

Conversations at several times centered around our mom and dad. We were so fortunate to have grown up with parents like we had. Each of us five children have unique stories with mom and dad, but the central theme was that of being greatly loved by them both. Mom was witty, wise and wonderful. I hope someone writes a book about her because it would be very humorous and unbelievable. But my brother kept saying, "Dad, he was the best, He was the best!" I agreed. I was pondering that statement this morning and although there was much more to dad than this, I know that I know, my dad lived unconditional love. Not only for his family but for everyone. Over and over, people who knew him would tell us about how much he meant to them and how he made them feel special and loved.

Ok, I may be bias, but I think I married someone like my dad. People for years have told me how much Keith has meant to them and that they just like being around him. Now I knew that I liked being around him but I didn't know the affect he had on others until you guys started talking about what he meant to you. Thank you for doing so. Because you did and still do, Clint and Kristi and their families get to hear confirmation to this fact.

Well enough mush. =) I want to thank all of you who came and visited and shared a cup of coffee with us. I know some of you think that you may be disturbing us but you are not. Like I said before, come on over and please don't be offended by me saying it's time to go because Keith is getting tired. He can only take so much of a good thing!

Thanks also for the goodies. YUMMY

2 comments:

  1. Mom and Dad were one of a kind. I like how the memories of them sway gentle on my mind. Sometimes it's hard to realize what you have until its gone. I wish I hugged dad as much as he hugged me. And there is only one JuneBug. She smiled at everything.

    And Keith, well what is there to say? Magnanimous to a fault. It is my intent to somehow get up your way to say hi. See you all soon!

    Taigen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 32 married years you crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete