Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Picture this!

An impromptu birthday Party for Hunter, April's son who turned 4 yesterday. It was great and crazy. April making a cake for Hunter, Me holding and feeding Kayleigh. Clint and Keith doing something. =) Kristi decided to make Christmas cookies with the kids at the same time (I must say she was doing so at my urging as I was passing the cookie making torch). Lot's of flour flying around because Kristi is so good at letting the kids really help. After opening the presents and having cake I let them go to get the mail which is a big deal around here. It's a whole block up and they "Have to follow grandma's rules," in order to go. So naturally there is running involved and they all look so cute running around the block toward the mail box. They did a wonderful job of stopping when I yelled "STOP!" Then Diala got to spend the night. On the way to here house she asked me why I was so old. I started laughing so much. I still can't believe I'm the grandma. =)

Imaging our delight when we received a package from Keith's Aunt Kay and Uncle Bob filled with sausages and other goodies from Zups, a favorite grocery store in Ely, MN. We could hardly wait to try them but we waited a day to eat them since I had to get the perfect bread with which to put them on. Turned out these babies don't even need the bread but that's how you do it in Ely. Oh yea, you don't just eat one. We cooked a whole package and only two are left. We did share them with Norm and Marilyn and Damian who came by. See, sometimes we even serve more than coffee when people drop by. It is our pleasure. We love the company.

Looking forward to Christmas and Keith's mom's visit in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment