Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm a Caregiver

I'm a caregiver. I AM A CAREGIVER. I can't believe it. I just realized that I am a caregiver. I kept thinking that day would come later, but it must be here. I was filling out the social security forms about 20 pages of which I am not suppose to asked the "disable person". I tried really hard not to ask Keith but he's my husband. Well my thinking may have been off because when I mentioned to him that he prepares his own meals quite often he said,"Pam, I haven't made myself a meal in a long time."

Also, my job is affected by my being a caregiver. I cannot take a substitute teaching job today because Keith has a speech appt. It's ok and I want to take him. In fact, others have offered to drive him. (Thanks Cheri) I may have to accept that offer of help and I will when needed.

Keith looks really well so the rest is helping. Plus all the good food being sent our way. We were given some soup at church by Holly and Michael. It was so nice because as it turned out I was able to invite my cousin and wife over after church and not worry about what we would have for lunch. Thank you.

Yes, we found an elliptical at a great price on Craig's list and they delivered! Thanks all of you who were looking.

And finally, you guys did it. I thought I can be super-woman and always write you hand written thank you notes. After all, I not really doing anything right? Guess again, Pam, I can't keep up with all you have given, so I humbly ask you to receive mine and Keith's heartfelt thank you for all of it. Your generosity reminds of us our blessings not only at this time of year, but always for our family and friends.

Off to speech we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment